When I first tried out this recipe, I was shocked at how easy they were to make! This was my first time ever making any form of peanut sauce and it really was as simple as can be! The best part was that we ate our leftovers chilled the following day on while on the beach for a Healthy is the New skinny photoshoot and they tasted even better! I am excited about this new direction and journey we are going on and hope to inspire people along the way!
- 12 ounces of pasta ( your preference, I use lo mein noodles )
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 red bell pepper, (thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, (thinly sliced)
- 1 large carrot, (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ can sliced water chestnuts
- topping: toasted sesame seeds, sprouts, and chopped peanuts are optional
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- (optional) 1 tsp. sriracha hot chili sauce, or more to taste
Cook pasta according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, carrots, cabbage, and water chestnuts, and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once the pasta is cooked, drain it. Add the pasta and peanut sauce to the saute pan of veggies and toss to combine. If the sauce is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
Serve immediately, topped with sesame seeds, sprouts, and peanuts if desired.
How To Make The Peanut Sauce:
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl by hand. (Alternately: add them to a food processor or blender and pulse to combine.)