We're all about trying new recipes here in our home, so when our good friend and Natural Model, Germaine Nichols mentioned her favorite soup, we new we had to bring her over to try it!
Here's what you'll need to make Germaine's roasted cauliflower and chickpea soup:
-1 bag of cauliflower
-1 can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
-1 teaspoon of minced garlic
-1/2 yellow onion
-"Slap Ya Mama" cajun seasoning
-1 tablespoon of tahini
Here's how to make it:
- spread cauliflower and 1/2 a can chickpeas on a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over the top, keeping the chickpeas separate from the cauliflower
- season with both cauliflower and chickpeas with a generous coating of: chili powder, chili flakes, "Slap Ya Mama" Cajun seasoning, sea salt, and pepper all to taste
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden
- While the veggies are baking, sautee onions and minced garlic in a pot with olive oil until golden brown
- add in the rest of the chickpeas into into the pot and stir
- add 1 carton of veggie broth
- with a hand mixer, puree chickpeas, onions, garlic, and broth until creamy
- pull roasted cauliflower pan out of the oven and add into the pot
- add remaining broth (if any), cauliflower, and 1 tablespoon of tahini and blend
- serve and top with oven roasted chickpeas!
This recipe pairs perfectly with our roasted broccoli salad. Get the recipe HERE!
Hope you all enjoy!